Learn what works in education and how to identify, analyze and implement evidence-based education policies that improve learning.
This course summarizes the main theoretical and practical research surrounding evidence-based education policies and delves into the key improvements and challenges observed in education systems in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The course has been organized around five key features of successful education systems:
- High goals for student achievement that guide all activities within an education system;
- Access to high-quality early childhood and preschool development programs that prepare students entering the school system;
- Effective teachers to improve learning and reduce achievement gaps among students;
- Access and effective use of adequate resources in all schools to promote student learning; and
- Ensuring that all young people acquire the skills necessary to reach their full potential in the professional world and contribute to society.
The course’s target audience includes those with interest in improving education through evidence-based education policies.
What will you learn
- The latest proven policies in education
- An applied understanding of which policies promote learning
- Evidence-based reform
- Successful cases from Latin America and the Caribbean and the rest of the world.