Help your organization prosper in times of transition with engaging in rigorous strategic analysis to complement your intuition with the deep insights needed.
Learn how to design effective strategy processes and to spot fundamental market and technology changes in your industry. This foundational course enables you to analyze shifting industry structures and develop new capabilities in times of industry transition by covering different parts of strategy:The Process of Strategy
Analyzing Industry Structure
- What precisely is strategy and why does it matter?
- What are the building blocks of strategy and how can they be arranged as a process?
- What distinct conceptions of the strategy process co-exist and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
Developing Internal Resources
- What is the role of the industry and its structure for firm performance?
- How to unpack industries and identify the most attractive strategic positions to occupy therein?
- How to identify what it takes to outcompete others in our strategic group?
- Can firms succeed in generally unattractive industries?
- How to find out which resources and capabilities are likely to have the greatest strategic value?
- What are dynamic capabilities and how do they matter for firm survival and performance?
All key ideas from the online lectures are illustrated through a real-life case study on Tesla and its role in the technological transformation of the global automotive industry to help you better prepare for real-life situations in your company.
After completing this course you will improve your career qualifications as Business Development Manager
, Sales Manager
. Professionals from the industries of the Automotive
, Health Car
and the Energy
sector have already completed the course.
This course is part of the "Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change" MicroMasters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx MicroMasters program.
What will you learn
- To understand key concepts and selected theories in strategic management
- To identify the building blocks of strategy and arrange them in a cohesive process
- How to analyze the (shifting) structure of your industry
- Renew or extend internal resources and capabilities, especially in times of far-reaching technological changes