Discover the entrepreneur inside of you – learn what it takes to turn an idea into a real business and how to put this approach to use within your own company.
All of today’s well-known companies got started the exact same way: as an idea within someone’s head. While the idea itself is an important prerequisite for success, it was rather what these individuals did with it that enabled them to become the success that they are today. You can learn to think and act like these innovators too. This course helps you to turn your idea into a real-life business and make it a commercial success:Find and assess your idea
Turn your idea into action
- What does it actually mean to be entrepreneur?
- Are entrepreneurs born or made?
- How to actually find an idea to start a business?
Set yourself up to succeed
- How to deal with uncertainty?
- What are the core questions that I have to answer to make my idea successful?
- How to assemble the right team of people to help me get my idea off the ground?
- How to know what my customers really expect?
- Do I have to stick to my original idea no matter what?
- What are typical traps into which entrepreneurs fall at the start of their career?
We will walk you through real-life examples of the entrepreneurial process to help you understand how it differs from that of established companies and how you can apply it for your own purposes. A series of homework exercises, tutorials and case studies will enable you to develop a perspective that goes beyond the theoretical scope to prepare you for actual situations.
By doing so, this course will not only give you specific tools to start you own venture but also to transfer the benefits of entrepreneurial thinking to a corporate context, thereby preparing you for leading positions in Business Development
, Strategy and General Management
and of course as an Entrepreneur
. Learners from the industries of Business Development
from all over the world already completed the course.
This course is part of the Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change MicroMasters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx MicroMasters program.
What will you learn
- How entrepreneurs discover their business ideas and determine their commercial potential
- How to distinguish entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns
- The specific skill set required to launch a new venture