The world has adopted an ambitious agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals, to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all. Learn how we can achieve these goals through careful planning and engagement of diverse stakeholders.
On September 25, 2015, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, along with a new set of goals collectively called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This ambitious agenda is a call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
This course on How to Achieve the SDGs
provides an in-depth look at planning for SDG implementation. The range of topics covers financing, policy development, roles of stakeholders, and more. A comprehensive understanding of the societal transformations needed to achieve the SDGs is conveyed.
This course is for:
- Policy professionals who want to understand frameworks for SDG planning.
- Sustainable development practitioners seeking knowledge on goals-based development.
- Advanced undergraduates and graduate students interested in key concepts related to the SDGs
What will you learn
- The scale, scope, and establishment of the Sustainable Development Goals
- The societal transformations required to meet the SDGs
- The governance, planning, and financing essential for progress
- The role of civil society and the business sector in advancing global development
- The types of transboundary cooperation needed to achieve global goals