Learn to become a powerful, effective cancer coach-educator from a dynamic trainer with 35 years of cancer experience.
Learn about proven holistic, complementary and alternative approaches for cancer from a dynamic trainer with 36 years of experience with nearly 30,000 cancer patients! Through lectures, film, case studies, supportive articles, role-playing, and follow-up quizzes, you will understand how to best help diagnosed patients improve their nutritional, immunological and psychological status, manage treatment side effects, enhance quality of life, prevent recurrence, and extend survival. This course should take you about 20 hours to complete.
What are the requirements?
- Training in medicine, nursing, chiropractic, social work, psychology, nutrition or other health profession
- Experience working with cancer patients suggested but not required.
- Technical requirements: Adobe reader, printer
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 29 lectures and 9.5 hours of content!
- You will learn: • The shortcomings of traditional cancer support services • Key elements to make your cancer support program stand out • The advantages of a patient-driven over a protocol-driven program • How to do a holistic intake and make a holistic needs assessment • The difference between a tumor-oriented and a host-oriented approach • Criteria for evaluating alternative cancer therapies • Rationales for implementing CAM cancer treatments • How to design an individualized holistic game plan • Fascinating patient case stories • Resources for minimizing treatment side effects • How to help your patients prevent recurrence • The advantages of nutrition in a cancer treatment program • Foods to include and foods to avoid and why • How to guide patients in making dietary changes • The crucial importance of detoxification • Key detoxification methods • Natural ways to deal with pain • Types of nutritional supplements that are most valuable • The powerful connection between stress and cancer • How to help patients benefit from their disease experience • Appropriate ways to empower patients to make informed decisions • When to refer cases out and where
- Certification features: • 10 hours follow-up telephone consultation services for one year • Downloadable training materials • Membership in our Affiliate program and ability to purchase our educational materials wholesale • Signed certificate • Permission to use our certification program logo on your marketing materials and website • Client referrals when appropriate • 13.5 self-reported CEUs
- Program benefits: • Expand your client base • Enhance the quality of your service • Receive training from an experienced, knowledgeable, dynamic educator • Learn practical information that can directly impact the health of your clients • Improve your revenue stream
What is the target audience?
- Who should consider this program? • Doctors, nurses, psychologists, nutritionists, social workers, support group leaders, cancer coaches, and other health professionals that currently offer or wish to offer integrative, holistic, complementary or alternative resources, counseling and therapies for people and families dealing with cancer-related concerns • Please note that we also offer a Support Center Certification Program
Center for Advancement in Cancer EducationCenter for Advancement in Cancer Education
UNCONVENTIONAL CANCER THERAPIES
Rationales for ImplementationRationales for ImplementationMajor Unconventional and "Unproven" TherapiesMajor Unconventional and "Unproven" TherapiesCriteria for EvaluationCriteria for Evaluation
QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL PATIENTS AND COACHES
Qualities of Successful PatientsQualities of Successful PatientsQualities of Successful CoachesQualities of Successful Coaches
Host--Oriented ApproachHost-Oriented Approach
HOLISTIC INTAKE AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT
Patient Intake QuestionsPatient Intake QuestionsPseudo Patient Case Demonstration
CANCER AND DIET
Anti-Cancer Mechanisms of Dietary ChangeAnti-Cancer Mechanisms of Dietary ChangeMacronutrients/Foods to ExcludeMacronutrients/Foods to ExcludeAnti-Cancer Superfoods/Biological TerrainAnti-Cancer Superfoods/Biological TerrainGuiding Patients Through Dietary ChangeGuiding Patients Through Dietary ChangeSpecial Dietary TopicsSpecial Dietary Topics
Detoxification Theory and TechniquesDetoxification Theory and Techniques
Natural Pain Management TechniquesNatural Pain Management Techniques
Supplements for Cancer PatientsSupplements for Cancer Patients
PSYCHOLOGY OF CANCER
Cancer and StressCancer and StressThe Cancer-Prone PersonalityThe Cancer-Prone PersonalityEmotional Correlates with Specific CancersEmotional Correlates with Specific CancersCoping Styles and SurvivalCoping Styles and SurvivalCancer and SpiritCancer and Spirit
QUESTION OF FAITH MOVIE
Question of Faith Introduction and FilmFilm Discussion
Lessons from Case Studies Part 1Lessons from Case Studies Part 1Lessons from Case Studies Part 2Lessons from Case Studies Part 2
MAKING OUTSIDE REFERRALS
Referral Types and ResourcesReferral Types and Resources
HOLISTIC INTAKE PRACTICUM
Student Case Presentations
Review and DisclaimerStudent Case Presentation