A-Z guide to negotiating anything and creating win-win situations in personal and professional life!
Negotiation is a dialogue between two or more people or parties intended to reach an understanding, resolve points of difference, to gain advantage for an individual or collective, or to craft outcomes to satisfy various interests. Many of us come to the negotiation table believing that negotiation is a contentious process, an attempt to persuade our bargaining partner to do something they don't want to do, or to convince them to stop doing something they want to continue doing. In this course, we will show you better ways of dealing with negotiation and conflict resolution.
This course delivers strategies for negotiating common issues such as asking for a raise, winning business deals, setting fees, promoting teamwork, and bringing out the best in those you manage. Along the way, you will discover how to use interest-based negotiation, distributive bargaining, diagnostic questioning, and conflict resolution to handle both simple and complex negotiations.
The course overview includes:
- Preparing for a successful negotiation
- Using diagnostic questioning
- Opening the negotiation
- Dealing with conflict
- Framing and anchoring the discussion
- Making concessions and asking for reciprocity
- Encouraging cooperation
The primary goal of this course is to:
- Help you recognize the daily opportunities you have to negotiate
- Solve everyday issues and problems
- Increase your value to your employer or business
- Develop a repeatable process for achieving your career and life goals
The entire course duration is over 40 minutes and primarily in video format.
In this course we're going to examine the fundamental strategies and tactics that will help the students gain confidence and mastery in a skill that will impact every area of your life and work going forward.
What are the requirements?
- Students need to have the ability to identify daily life conflicts which forms the base for this course
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 15 lectures and 37 mins of content!
- You will be able to negotiate anything and create win-win situations
What is the target audience?
- This course is meant for everyone who deals with life and career conflicts and needs to create a collaborative environment to get things done.
What's Inside!What Might Be In Your Way?
Preparation For Negotiation
How To Set The Stage For Successful Negotiation?Which Is The Best Strategy For Effective Negotiation?When And Why To Ask Diagnostic Questions?How To Deal With Conflict?How To Deal With Contentious Tactics?
Process Of Negotiation
How To Start A Solid Negotiation?How To Frame And Re-frame Negotiations?Re-Framing ExerciseHow To Use Anchoring In Negotiations?How To Make Concessions And Ask For Reciprocity?What To Do When Bargaining Partner Is Not Co-operative?
Putting It All Together: Workplace ExampleFinal Thoughts