Learn how to create mini masterpieces movies with iMovie for iOS. Learn the basics and advanced tips in mobile editing.
iMovie for iOS is a mobile video editing application that allows you to create professional looking videos from your mobile device. You can send the videos to Facebook, YouTube, CNN iReport, Vimeo and more. This course covers the 2.0 version of iMovie for iOS which has many new features as listed below.
What's new in this version 2.0? All-new, streamlined design
• Share clips, movies, and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them anywhere
• Full-screen Video browser with quick clip sharing
• Adjustments Bar for easy access to audio and video controls
• 16 new title styles
• Three new transitions — Slide, Wipe, and Fade through black or white
• Two new trailers — Indie and Family
• Slow motion
• Cutaway, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects
• Add just the audio portion of video clips to a movie
• Detach audio from video in the timeline
• Duplicate audio or video clips
• Trim, split, and reposition music and sound effects
• Adjustable audio fade-in and fade-out
• High-frame-rate video recording
• Share via Mail and Messages
• Use AirDrop to send video clips and iMovie projects
• Import media via iTunes File Sharing
• 64-bit support
Visit my site for more information and to grab some free video bonuses!
What are the requirements?
- iMovie for iOS Software
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- The app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 29 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Edit videos shot on iPhone or iPad and publish videos to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo
- Add background music to your videos from iTunes, Dropbox and other apps
- Create transitions and titles
- Create Hollywood style movie trailers
- Edit a mobile news package for CNN iReport or your local news
- Record voice-overs and add b-roll to your video
What is the target audience?
- People who are serious about making professional looking mobile videos
- Journalists, Filmmakers, Photographers, and other pros who want to tell short stories with their mobile device
Course OverviewHow to adjust iMovie SettingsLayout differences between iPhone and iPad
Working with video footage
How to import movies from iTunes to your iPad or iPhoneHow to organize, favorite and sort your raw video footageAll about iMovie ThemesHow to redo and undo an edit
Working with Photos
The Ken Burns Effect
Working with Audio
How to record narration or voice-overHow to add background musicHow to add sound effects
Working with Titles
How to create titles from iMovie ThemesCreating custom titlesTitles in iMovie for iOS Review
Working with Transitions
How to insert transitions in your projectAdding sound effects and adjusting transition length
Cutaways and Secondary FootageHow to adjust video speedHow to create a freeze frame with videoUsing Natural Sound and J Cuts to enhance your mobile editsAdvanced Editing Review
Finishing Your Movie
How to export to YouTube, Vimeo and more.
Working with Trailers
Creating movie trailers
Using Dropbox iOS app with iMovie for iOSHandout and Downloadable FootageBehind the scenes of an iMovie EditStoryteller's Mobile Production GuideShades of Fall (Sample edited iPhone video)Advanced video edited with iMovie for iOS
Final ThoughtsResources used to create this coures