Start using social media to innovate learning and create, build and grow your personal learning network.
* For school/district discounts please apply here.
Social media has revolutionized communication, business and even the way we interact day to day. This detailed course will show you how social networks can be used to innovate the classroom and broaden your own professional skill-set and personal learning network.
Leigh Technology Academy ICT teacher and social media addict Toby Adams presents this comprehensive and fun introduction to social media in education. With tutorials taking you through the four major social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest), the course provides everything you need to get up to speed in social media as well as create, build and grow your personal learning network.
What is covered in this course?
What will you master on successful completion of this course?
- Choosing the right social network for you and your school
- Understanding the key differences and benefits between different social networks
- Ensuring privacy and security settings are put in place
- Using social networks to find and share content and media
- Using social media to grow and nurture an invaluable personal learning network (PLN)
- Setting up school and class pages on social networks
- Using social media to build a community in your school and professional network
- Applying practical examples in your personal networks and with your students
Discounts are available for group, school or district purchases - please contact us to inquire further.
What are the requirements?
- Reliable Internet connection
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 45 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Using the right network for the right purpose
- Creating private and secure networks
- Building an online school community
- Building your PLN
- Using social media for professional development
What is the target audience?
Why Twitter?Setting upYour Twitter profileSettings and privacyFollowing usersFollowing listsBasics of tweetingReplies and linksHashtags for educationInteractions and discoveryLinks and retweetingImages and locationSubscribing to lists3rd party toolsMobile appsA practical example
Account setup - part 1Account setup - part 2Privacy and settingsFacebook profileFriends and subscriptionsSharing, photos and pollsSharing the webFacebook pagesMessage and eventsFacebook apps
Account setup - part 1Account setup - part 2Google+ basicsPrivacy and settingsCircles+1 and sharingHangoutsUsing Google servicesBrand/School pages
Pinterest overviewPinterest basicsSettings and privacyStart pinningPin it buttonWorking with pinsProfile and activitySearch and pinning content