WordPress, SEO and Social Media
This class is meant to answer a question, "How can I create and maintain a blog?" Have a brand that's itching to get out but no idea how social media works? Heard of WordPress but don't know if it's right for you? Does the word blog sound more like a terrible disease than a useful business tool? This course is for you!
In this class you'll learn:
- How to set up a quick and cheap website using WordPress
- Using Twitter and Facebook to engage your audience
- How emerging platforms like Pinterest, Instagram and Foursquare open up new avenues for promotion
- Audience maintenance, creating brand evangelists + SEO
After attending this class you'll have an understanding of the following:
- WordPress, Tumblr and blogging
- Social Media platforms and how to use them
- Tools for building audience and analyzing ROI
- SEO basics and longterm maintenance
- Who should take this course
You'll also receive a free copy of the
Why You Should Be Blogging eBook
a $25 value.
Anyone who want technology to not be an obstacle to reaching their audience. Anyone who is interesting in automating their social media and blogging into a workflow that fits their lives. Business owners who don't have the time to update their Facebook profiles every ten minutes.
What are the requirements?
- Computer with Internet connection
- A basic understanding of how to navigate the web
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 16 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Pick a Blogging Platform
- Social Media and Content Strategy
- Set Yourself up for Longterm Success
- Set up Twitter and Start Tweeting
What is the target audience?
- Anyone who needs to start blogging
- Anyone who has resisted getting into social media in the past
- If you run a business and want to get found online
Pick a Blogging Platform
1a Intro to the Social Web1b WordPress1c Tumblr1d TwitterPicking a blogging Platform
Social Media and Content Strategy
Social Media & Catering to Your AudienceSEO Basics VideoContent StrategyReading on SEO ResearchReading on Social Media's importance on Search RankingSocial Media and Content Strategy
Setting Your(self and) Blog Up for Success
Making Social ManageableThe Power of Habit – Charles DuhiggConclusion
Bonus: Setting up a WordPress Site
Picking a Host, Registering a DomainInstalling a Self-Hosted WordPress SiteSetting up a WordPress.com Site
Why You Should be Blogging eBook
Why You Should Be Blogging Book